Saturday, September 12, 2009

Things that make me Angry Face: Sushi & Asian Trends.

I don't like sushi. Not in the least bit. I hate the smell, I hate the taste, and I hate the fact that people eat it just because it's trendy. I think I know a handful of people who actually like the taste, the rest eat it because it's Asian, and Asians are soooo hot right now, right? Not.

If I have no other choice, I'm able to choke down a roll or two, but I have to have a nice strong drink on hand, to choke that crap down my gullet. Lookswise, sushi is very cute and adorable and cuddly wuddly, but I'm not about to eat anything that smells and tastes like the dumpster behind a Red Lobster.

Another thing that bothers me? White people who want to be Asian. It's funny, because Asian people really don't like white people all that much, especially the "wapanese," i.e. people who think, act, and talk like Asians. Squinting your eyes and flashing the peace sign in pictures while saying "KAWAII" makes you neither cute nor Japanese. It makes you look like a tool.

Actually, white people trying to be anything other than white people is rather obnoxious. I guess people always want to be something different, or something other than what they were born to be.

Insightfully, Zombie Julie
>:(


P.S. I take all the credit for the above picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment